Our Client, a leading contract manufacturers, is currently looking for an experienced Quality Manager to control and develop their quality systems in the UK and at sites in Europe. This is very much a “hands on” role which involves managing their quality department and ensuring that their quality systems and methods are continually improved.
Based in the South East of England, the Quality Manager will be responsible for:
- sustaining all major quality approvals at the site: ISO9001, IRIS etc. Be able to understand and implement the transition to ISO9001 2015
- handling all customer audits and third party assessments,
- working with the Directors to ensure that the quality management system is fit for purpose and constantly updated,
- carrying out and improving internal audits,
- monitoring and measuring all KPIs for the site and working closely with the Directors at continuous improvement programmes,
- working closely with quality staff from our customers on product FAIs and quality improvement programmes,
- overseeing tooling control and calibration management,
- handling any customers and supplier quality non conformance issues,
- managing and motivating a small team of Quality Engineers.
The successful candidate will beable to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Show a strong track record of maintaining and improving quality approvals such as ISO9001, IRIS or AS9001.
Have excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills enabling excellent relationships to be established with customers and third party assessors.
Have a good technical understanding of electromechanical products, workmanship standards (IPC620) and electronic test equipment.
Be able to develop continuous improvement programmes with a good grasp of six sigma principles.
Be a good team player with a “hands on” style and results orientated attitude.
Be able to direct and motivate a small team of quality engineers.
Have the ambition to lift the quality standards within the organisation and further enhance them with the possible introduction of ISO14001 and ISO45001.
Have the ability to co ordinate and harmonize the QMS System between the UK and sites in Europe.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Heather Watt
Our Client, a leading contract manufacturers, is currently looking for an experienced Quality Manager to control and develop their quality systems in the UK and at sites in Europe. This is very much a "hands on" role which involves managing their quality department and ensuring that their quality systems and methods are continually improved.